Sunday, October 16, 2005

New Policy on Blog Comments

commenting and trackback have been added to this blog.

I have switched to Haloscan because it allows me a greater ability to monitor the dialogue taking place in the comments. I would really appreciate if everyone tries to be somewhat respectful of others and tries to refrain from using abusive language and from making abusive personal attacks on other individuals. I'd like for the dialogue to be more focused on the issues being discussed.

Unlike before, I will now be closely monitoring all comments and will be deleting any comments that are personally abusive or otherwise inappropriate. I also will reserve the right to edit out inappropriate language if an entire comment is otherwise acceptable.

Thanks everyone for your cooperation with this new policy.

NOTE: Unfortunately, the only way to switch to this new commenting service was to delete all the existing comments. While I hated to do this, it was the only choice - there was no option to retain the old comments.

No comments: